2 Day Paediatric First Aid
Paediatric first aid
Course duration 2 days
This course is designed for people who care for babies and children in any professional setting, including nannies, child-minders, nursery workers and au pairs.
If you’re a newly qualified level two or three early years child carer, our emergency paediatric first aid course may be more suitable.
Paediatric first aid certificate (valid for three years) Certified for professional use
• For child carers in any professional setting.
• Recommended for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
• Meets Childcare Registration requirements.
This course teaches first aid skills for responding to accidents and how to recognise and treat certain medical conditions in babies and children.
• Unresponsive and breathing
• Unresponsive and not breathing, including:
• Use of an automated external defibrillator/AED
• Object in eye, ear or nose
• Hypothermia/heat exhaustion
• Head injury
• Medical emergency including
– Diabetic emergency
– Asthma attack
– Severe allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock)
• Injury to a bone, muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
• Swallowed something harmful
• Basic adult first aid
• Accident reporting
• Administering medication
£115 in total ex VAT
Our First Aid Training Courses
At The First Aid Brigade, we have designed our courses to be hands-on, informative and interesting, all whilst providing you with the invaluable training that you require.